I’d like to extend a warm thank you to those who have made my life a little less complicated and less stressful this week.
1) That new urgent care I found – On Friday Dec 30 my kidneys decided to harbor a nasty bacteria, and since the holidays were upon us, it was neigh impossible to get a doctor’s appointment. I suffered through the weekend, expecting that I’d be able to see a doctor on Monday. To my chagrin, most doctors’ offices and urgent care facilities were closed (January 2nd is not a holiday, people!). I was able to find one that was open and not very far from home. Their facility was very nice and had a comfortable atmosphere. All of the staff were very pleasant and helpful and not condescending or rude at all. They even called me with some x ray results days later although I was originally told they’d only call if there was a problem. They called even though there wasn’t just to let me know, and the nurse even checked up on me to see how I was doing. Thank you!
2) The lady at McDonald’s who handed me my coffee at the first window so I didn’t have to wait in line – Even though I was stuck there because someone was in front of me and behind me and I couldn’t squeeze out of line because of the customer at the second window who repeatedly handed his items back to the person at the window (seriously!), you went out of your way to have someone bring my coffee so that I could make a speedy exit. I was able to get out when the unsatisfied, difficult customer at the second window finally moved his ass. And I thank you!
3) The manager at the restaurant who had his delivery guy bring me my food that they originally forgot to put in my bag – OK it was really the restaurant’s mistake for not including the food item for which I’d paid. And at first I thought I’d never get restitution because no one answered the phone for like half an hour. But eventually the manager answered and he had someone deliver the food to me at work. It seemed they gave me a little lagniappe even (see: extra). It was too late for me to eat it at work, but I brought the food home and shared it with my husband. And it was very delicious. Thanks a bunch!
4) The very polite and helpful operators at AAA – On January 1st my battery died for no good reason other than I have terrible luck always. For this reason I am a member of AAA. I called and the operator was very helpful and polite. Another operator called to let me know when someone was en route to assist me and when to expect help to arrive. And another operator called to make sure help did arrive and that I was satisfied. They even sent me a text message with the information on who was coming out. The person who came to assist was also very nice. Thanks to you all!
5) Target’s Pharmacy – I’d never used their pharmacy before, but since my usual pharmacy takes at least an hour for a customer who is waiting, I figured I’d go for it. The lady who took my prescription was very nice and explained their system of color coding prescriptions, etc. They had a little trouble with my insurance card (which I’ve been advised is completely valid and so I guess it just goes with the rotten luck I always have) but my prescription was only four bucks without it anyway. They even offered to move all my prescriptions from the other pharmacy and said they would continue to figure out the problem with my insurance card. You went the extra mile. Thanks!
6) The waiter at Applebee’s who was trying really hard to give us a good dining experience even though the restaurant was out of everything and our gift card didn’t work – Did I mention I have rotten luck usually? We received an Applebee’s gift card for Christmas and on January 1st (yes the same day my car broke down) we decided to go there for dinner. The waiter advised us they were out of about three things from the menu and baked potatoes and parmesan cheese. The waiter was very polite and did his best to satisfy us and gave us two juice boxes of grape and orange juice for my son because they don’t serve apple. He even offered to go to the gas station next door to get apple juice at one point. Aside from the restaurant’s problems, our gift card was bunk and it didn’t work. The waiter was very nice even though we will probably not be returning. Thanks guy!
Thank you again to all of the above mentioned folks. It’s the little things that make life less difficult.